Guide For Special Services and Events
If you are a member in good standing planning a wedding, baptism, funeral, or other special service or event, please follow these steps:
- First speak to the Parish Priest to receive his blessing and instructions.
- Once you have the blessing of the Parish Priest and the date is confirmed by the Parish Council, please coordinate with the Choir Director about how many choir members you would like to have at your service and any specific hymns you would prefer.
- If you would like to use the social hall for a reception, please coordinate with the President of the Ladies Altar Society. Use of the hall is free for all members in good standing, but you are responsible for unlocking and locking the doors, providing your own food, beverage, and supplies, overseeing the event, and cleaning up afterwards. We are not currently equipped to handle outside events for non-parishioners. For funerals, a repast meal can be arranged.
- If you would like your event added to the bulletin for all parishioners to be invited, please send the date, time, and any other pertinent details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When planning your event, we thank you in advance for remembering our Church, Priest, Choir members, Ladies Altar Society, Cemetery, and utility bills in your budget by giving a generous donation to the appropriate ministries. Suggested donation amounts are available upon request. Checks can be made out to SS. Peter and Paul Orthodox Church, Ladies Altar Society of St. Mary Magdalene, and/or Ss. Peter and Paul Orthodox Church Cemetery.